Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

1/23/11

Karma?

I quickly realized that he was too tall for me to effectively do...anything. Tall, lanky... limbs too long to be evaded. So I changed my game and started just putting my foot in his face. Not kicking him. More like... pawing his face with my foot.

Him: "Oh...oh that sucks."
Me: "Yeah well. So does being stuck in mount for 5 minutes." *paw..paw paw*
Him: "Argh... this...I don't like this!" *roll*
*smack* <-- his elbow. My face.
...
Him: "... That was your face eh?"
Me: "Yeah... I might have deserved that."

Another day... another jiu jitsu class

This time, I picked someone my own size. The instructor ran over as the round started
Instructor: "Wait! You two need to move over there!"
Us: "What? Why? There's space here"
Instructor: "But look!" (he points at two giants beside us) "and look!" (points to two more giants on the other side) "I don't want you to get kicked in your pretty face! They'll crush you!"
Me: "But what about Sebastian's face?" (gesturing to my awkward, teen-aged partner)
Instructor: "... yeah. Him too."
Sebastian: "aw maaaaan"
Me: "I think we just got sent to the corner. *sigh*"

In other news I learned how to flip upside down from an open guard today.
Yesssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment