Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

1/21/11

Numb

It never ceases to amaze me...the things we do to our bodies.

After a training session today I can barely feel my hands. We were practicing trapping. Fast. Intricate hand work. A good chunk of time spent taking strikes to the forearms.

I kept getting tangled with one of the drills. My training partner was much taller than me. Arms the size of my legs. The movements are more difficult when the body you're attempting to fight is heavier than what you're using to defend with.

Me: *fumble*
Him: "heh"
....
Me: *fumble*
Him: "eh heh heh"
Me: "It would help me...if you didn't laugh at me every time I mess up"
Him: "What? No. I'm laughing 'cause my hand keeps touching your boob."
Me: "...?" *fumble* "Oh. You're right. Quit that"
Him: "but you're doing it!"
Me: *fumble*
Him: "OW!"

... I think I won?

2 comments:

  1. Where exactly were your hands in that last fumble??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... you probably don't really want to know

    ReplyDelete