Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

2/8/11

Dear Jenny

I had a moment;
As I leaned and watched blood
flow from my nose,
mix with my sweat
and into the sink.
Red on white.
I wished
that there were someone there
to hold my hair back.
And tell me "don't worry.
The blood will stop"

Oh and also? It would have been nice to have someone to help washing the blood off the walls. This dojo (not mine) has WALL PAPER. Blood doesn't come off wall paper.
God.

(It was a knee. In my face. I was on the ground- my head had no where to go... it's so tender)

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I was just giving Chelsey advice on how to get blood out of a white gi earlier this week... and remembering clutching your sweaty strands of hair in my hand as you leaned over the sink and we watched the blood swirl down the drain. haha. thanks for the poem dedication! Wanna write something for my wedding? haha. actually, i'm a little serious. hey, guess what?! I'm coming to visit next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny
    I woud love to write something for your wedding. What do you have in mind?
    :)
    It would make me riciculously happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking you could write something to read in the actual ceremony. Since my expectation is that our nonreligious ceremony is goign to be really short otherwise... lol. So something... hopeful? or do i mean promising. hrm. maybe i'll get back to you on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to.

    Tell me what kind of feel you want...I'll run rampant with it. Submit for feedback. Make revisions.
    I like it.
    :D

    ReplyDelete