Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

2/16/11

I'm number TWO!.... yeah!

I competed in my first jiu jitsu tournament this weekend.

I won second place in the women's division. It was insane. I had not predicted how outrageously aggressive female competitors would be.

When I roll with men- they're competitive. But not...angry. And they don't WANT to hurt me, they just do by accident sometimes.

When the first round started, I thought "this woman is trying to kill me. Why is she trying to kill me?" and the I realized the difference between competition and class...and got my sh*t together.

It was so much fun! I submitted the two biggest girls in my division (like 4-6 inches and 15-30 lbs bigger than me). I had a draw match with the highest ranking opponent (a crazy judo-woman from hell: my first match) and a loss to the woman who went on to win gold.

I feel...
good. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment