Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

3/5/11

Flash Forward

Time, she passes. I didn't realize a couple weeks had passed already: it's march!

Looking forward to a crazy month. Jenny and Rob visiting (yessss). A few mid-term projects due for school (uh oh). Spring break camps in Surrey at a couple of the elementary schools (should be interesting)... and the return of SUMMER (yessss).
Can't wait to get back on the bike regularly.

I asked a group of kids in one of my classes what "bravery" means to them. This is what I got in response:
"Sometimes, when you're scared of a thing, you have to be able to do stuff anyway".

I think it's pretty apt. We ended up talking about how it's ok to be afraid-- what's important is what you do when you're scared. Does it paralyze you ("freeze you up" in kid-speak)? Or can you be "brave", and make everything ok in the end.

...
neat

No comments:

Post a Comment