Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

3/21/11

I volunteered for this?

I don't know what I was thinking- Volunteering my time at a spring break camp. Sheesh

Picture Sheila Vs. 20 kids- all hyped up on the fact that they're not in school. Highlight number 1 of the day...

student 1: "Oh my god. You're like a Chinese ninja"
student 2: "She's Chinese?"
student 1: "Yeah-- can't you tell? look at her eyes"
Student 2: "Are you Chinese?"
Me: "yes."
Student 1: "Are you a ninja?"
Me: "yes. sit down."

They did.

Student A: "Can you show me a pressure point?"
Me: "Give me your arm"
Student A: "AAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!"

... I only poked it. He was exaggerating his pain, but it made my day. They sat down too. When all else fails, fear and pain will always work.

It's probably a good thing that I don't have my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment