Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

4/18/11

wee!

There is something incredibly satisfying about making my jiu jitsu teacher happy.
He's a simple kinda guy. Loves jiu jitsu. Fights semi-professionally. Has a grin from ear to ear when you pull off something unexpected.

The first time it happened I managed to shoulder roll my opponent out of turtle position, and dropped him into my back-mount. Reggie freaked out: "That just happened!!!" he was grinning for the rest of class.

Today I pulled off a summer saulting (spelling?) guard pass and flipped out of it into cross-side. I didn't think it would work. But it totally did!
:D

Reggie freaked out: "Sheila! Sheila... whisper into his ear right now. Tell him 'That just happened'... yeah!"

Made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment