Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

11/24/10

ROBOTS!

I wrote this last November after making one the most exciting discoveries ever...


I found these park benches with the rules of robotics engraved on them.
WOW!
I can't tell if I should be
1) Reassured; clearly if they're carved in stone, the rules are important enough to be obeyed. We are safe.
2) Uncertain; what if the robots never sit on these benches?
3) Worried; there are enough robots in society that a park bench is a good place to put these rules? As in, enough of them will pass by here that word will get around? What the....

Maybe I'm just wistful as these benches are proof that, somewhere out there, a little sci-fi fan is making a living in park-bench design...we could be friends.

Since then, I have discovered that the city I was walking in (New Westminster BC) is where I-Robot was filmed.
And now it all makes sense!

1 comment:

  1. Bryan Smith YOU found park benches?! Are they comfortable?!

    Sheila Wynne Fung ‎... I was walking past the benches. Not sleeping on them. shut up.

    Bryan Smith I thought you had found a nice place to call home..

    ReplyDelete