Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

7/4/11

Bow down to the Queen of garbarge

(booooo!!!)

I hate putting out the garbage. I *hate* it. It is my least favorite "thing around the house AND work" I hate to do.
I've made bargains with people: "I'll do ALL the dishes, if I never have to take the garbage out"
I've pleaded: "pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasedontmakeme"

I don't know why I hate it so much. I assume I'm repressing some sort of traumatic childhood incident: I have no problem with any other sort of cleaning.

Anyway: Now I *always* have to deal with the garbage. The only other person who might take care of dojo-garbage...is on crutches. I don't mind carrying all the heavy things. Making all the food. Cleaning all the messes. Teaching all the classes. Fetching all the things... but today I took out the garbage *again*
:( <-- this is me pouting.

I'll get over it. I just had to get it out of my system.

2 comments:

  1. The only related trauma I can recall from your childhood is the garbage bag you set on fire and then hung on the kitchen cabinet door (or vice versa)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...
    it was on fire when I found it?

    It was already hanging on the pantry door, anyway. All I added to the scene was a bit of fire. And... it was kind of an accident.
    I'm sorry.
    Aren't you glad I think quickly under crisis?

    ReplyDelete