Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

12/14/10

Gift of brilliance

A few of my students collaborated and gave me the most... useful Christmas gift ever. It's a "you're crazy enough to ride your motorcycle in the winter, so here..." care package!

A tight-fitting fleece (so warm! and it fits under my riding jacket)and a whole BUNCH of those little pocket-sized heat packets. Some for my gloves, my boots and some big square ones that could go...anywhere really. They just said "be creative" with those ones. I'm intrigued.

And-- I'm not sure on this part-- some nice smelling body wash/ lotion. With glitter in it. I... don't know how to feel about body glitter? I'm imagining being sparkly and then going to jiu jitsu and getting a whole lot of people in trouble with their girlfriends when they can't explain where it came from (because really...who wears shimmery body lotion? Weird). Maybe I'll hold off on that stuff.

Anyway the ride home from Ladner last night was *beautiful*. My hands were nice and toasty from those heat-packets and it just felt... fantastic. My body was extra tender from jiu jitsu yesterday morning so I was even more aware than usual of what everything was feeling on the bike. And there were so many interesting smells. Lumber yards, tree-cutting downs (Christmas related?), a bakery was making ginger-cookies... just a really interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment