Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

12/11/10

Well this is embarassing...

I'm so conflicted.
I feel triumph. Victory. And... like I should have been able to figure this out sooner.

I finally got fudge to work (third try). The problem wasn't the size of my pots (although, larger pots made for much less mess to clean up).
It wasn't a lack of candy thermometers (although, having two *is* pretty awesome).

It was the difference between slowly adding 3 cups of sugar and allowing it to dissolve as it went in (this way works)versus dumping 3 cups of sugar into the pot all at once and frantically whipping it until it all gets moistened and mentally cataloging it as "dissolved" at this point (this way doesn't work).

Anyway. I have delicious, velvety smooth, candy cane chunk-filled white chocolate fudge.
Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment