Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

12/17/10

Skin

So: I have new beef with skin care.
here is an old post.

Oh...skin...
by Sheila Wynne Fung on Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 10:51pm

I know that there are various shower products and lotions "for men"; as opposed to those that are "for women".
I always thought they were the same products, in different packages, mostly to make the guys feel better about buying things like... shower gel. Moisturizers...that kind of thing.
I was surprised to learn two things recently.
1) "Men's Products" actually smell different. Not floral, or soapy (as I know "soapy" anyway). But... they smell more bracing. Like aftershave, except in shampoo form. Not a big deal, just surprising.
2) "Men's Products" assume (and I think produce) a different quality of skin. As in, texture. As in, "exfoliating" in men's product language really means "belt sander in a bottle".

Case in point: my brother warned me. "There's face wash in the shower-- try it. It's crazy abrasive". His wife cautioned me: "uh... use mine. It's a little more gentle."
I was curious: I used Joseph's.
*BAM!*
I was expecting the usual, gentle abrasion you get with other exfoliates... I think I actually lost more layers of skin in that one face-washing than I even knew existed. There are not that many layers to the epidermis. HOW DOES ANYONE WASH WITH THIS PRODUCT REGULARLY?
So do just men have tougher skin? or do their skin care products give them tougher skin? I don't know.
A few days later I thought my memory was exaggerating and I tried it again (idiot).
*BAM*
It wasn't exaggerating.
One more wash and I'm pretty sure my body would adapt by growing me a layer of armor over my face.
... which, now that I think about it, is kind of cool...


So: today-- tried that shimmering body lotion (mentioned a few posts back).

I'M FUCKING SPARKLY ALL OVER.
Who the HELL'S idea was this?
Who the hell takes ANYONE seriously when they sparkle? NO ONE, that's who.

I REGRET EVERYTHING.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment