Rebuilding

It's a long story, but I'm recompiling a lot of material here in a new space.
I've posted older comment threads where they apply. I haven't where it doesn't. So there.

12/10/10

I love the Internet

Me: "Holy CRAP there are fucking SHARKS the size of BOATS in the ocean."
Him: "Sheila...I thought you were reading about semiotics and Roland Barthes."
Me: "I was. But then I was trying to imagine which mythologies are currently ruling my life, and I had NO IDEA sharks were so big."
Him: "What does that have to do with Barthes"
Me: "Well clearly, the hegemonic grip of the ruling classes has made me think that sharks are a force I could, at least potentially, contend with if I had the right weapons and a chain-maille glove"
Him: "...Sheila... nobody is trying to make you think that. In fact 'the ruling classes' probably want you to think the exact opposite."
Me: "Hey, look! Sea Cows! neat!!"
Him:"...."

No comments:

Post a Comment